We are taking you on a journey to discover Saskatchewan through your kitchen. The art of making bread has been passed from generation to generation in our family and we are proud to share this beautiful satisfying art with you.
Olive Rosemary Bread
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Cook Time 45-50 Minutes
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp liquid honey
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh or dry rosemary
- 3/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1 3/4 cup water
- Disolve the honey into the water.
- Combine all ingredients (water last) in a large bowl. We love using a wooden spoon. Ensure there is no dry flour left. Cover with a tea towel and let rise from 8 to 18 hours.
- Once you are ready to bake the bread, turn on the oven to 450F. Place a 3 qt or larger dutch oven in the oven to heat up. While the oven is heating, place the risen dough on floured parchment paper and shape the dough into a ball. Garnish the top of the bread as desired. We used rosemary and finishing salt.
- Carefully remove the hot dutch oven from the oven. Lift the bread with the parchment paper and place it in the dutch oven. Cover and bake 30 minutes covered. Remove the lid and continue to bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Bon appetit!