Let’s get togther and host a PIZZA PARTY! Pizzas are fun to make as a group. We can make individual pizzas and each guest can make their own pizza or we can share a few large pizzas.
Don’t forget dessert! Dessert pizzas can be made with a wide variety of flavours.
In this blog you will find:
- pizza dough recipe
- pizza sauce recipe
- pizza garnish ideas
- 3 ways to cook pizza
- dessert pizza
Great pizza dough is the foundation of delicious pizzas!
You can also leave it in the fridge for a day to further develop the flavours. This dough can be frozen in a airtight container or bag.
LOCAL SHOUT OUT: If you are looking for pre-made pizza dough, Italian Star Deli in Regina offers frozen pizza dough. Find out more about them here.
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Total Time 70 Minutes
- serves 8
- 4 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar or honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp quick-rise yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- In a bowl, combine the water, oil, sugar or honey and yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the flour and salt.
- Add the water mixture to the flour and combine with a wooden spoon. Once combined, knead the dough for about 3 minutes on a lightly floured surface.
- lightly oil a large bowl. Place the dough in the bowl, cover with a plastic wrap and towel. Let the dough rise in a humid place for about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in volume.
Pico de Gallo
Classic pizza sauce is easy to make at home with tomato paste and pantry staples. You can easily adjust the sauce to your taste by adding more or less spices.
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- makes 1 cup
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Smoked meat: white sauce, dill pickles, yellow mustard, smoked meat, mozzarella. (add the smoked meat after the pizza is cooked).
- Dill Pickle pizza: Dill pickles, white sauce, mozzarella, dill
- Pepperoni & mushroom with mozzarella
- Feta & spinach with mozzarella
- 4 cheeses: Have fun with it! Combine your favourite cheeses. Some of our favourites are: mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, blue/goat
- Mediterranean pizza: pesto, kalamata olives, artichoke, anchovies, mozzarella or provolone
- Cooked pizza crust
- Sauce/cream cheese icing:
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and combine with an electric mixer.
- Colourful fruits (kiwi, strawberries, blackberies, pineaple)
- ¼ cup apple jelly – optional (microwave the jelly for about 10 seconds and place on the fruits using a pastry brush. This will make the fruits glisten.
Apple caramel pizza
- cooked pizza crust
- cream cheese icing (see recipe in fruit pizza recipe)
- diced apples
- caramel sauce
Cinamon bun pizza
- pizza dough
- cinnamon topping:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place the cinamon topping on the pizza crust and bake 10 minutes at 400F
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- Combine the icing sugar, vanilla and 1 tbsp water. Combine and add water in small increments as needed until the icing is formed. Decorate the pizza with the icing.