As COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to impact the global community and to take up more space in the media, I wanted to personally keep you informed of the steps we are taking at ZestyKits to mitigate the impacts of this situation on our employees and customers.
As of March 12th, our production employees have received additional hygiene instructions which were immediately applied as part of a special occupational health and safety training.
The measures put in place include, but are not limited to:
- Continue to use Saskatchewan ingredients as much as possible to minimize the number of people in the food chain and, as a result, minimize risk.
- In collaboration with our health team, we are building a menu that will contribute to support wellness.
- The employee’s temperature will be taken upon arriving at work.
- The temperature of the employees that prepared your box will be included on your box starting on deliveries of March 21st.
- All employees involved in food preparation are wearing masks and gloves.
- Employees who have traveled abroad will stay at home for a 14-day period, as will employees who have family members with flu-like symptoms.
- All employees with flu-like symptoms such as cough, fever, difficulty breathing, cold, etc. will stay at home.
- Although our handwashing policy was already robust, we have strengthened it by increasing the number of mandatory handwashes for all employees.
- Additional sanitation and disinfection measures have been implemented.
The FDA informs there is no evidence to suggest food can transmit COVID-19 – as was the case for SARS and MERS.
Although we are all in an unprecedented situation that is constantly subject to change, please rest assured that we are committed to continuing our operations and ensuring that you receive the highest quality service possible, as usual.
Thank you for your support,
Annie Beaudoin & Catherine Beaudoin