Mexi burgers are a delicious and easy meal that the whole family will love! These beef patties have the perfect balance of crispiness and juiciness. These mexi burgers are topped with guacamole crema, tomato slices, cilantro and crispy jalapenos. The burgers are served on ciabatta buns with a side of oven fries.
Featured Saskatchewan products
You will need
Make & bake the fries: Wash and rinse all produce. Preheat the oven to 430F. Peel the potatoes and cut in fries shape, about 1 cm thick. Place the fries on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, season with salt & pepper. Bake about 20 minutes. Keep the oven on to heat the buns.
BBQ note: If using a BBQ, turn on BBQ to med-high for the patties.
Cut & cook the onion: While the fries are baking, finely cut the onion. In an oiled pan, cook the onions on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the onion is tender. Set the onions aside.
Cook the patties: Rinse and dry the pan. In the oiled pan cook the beef and pork patties 6-7 minutes per side, or until fully cooked*.
BBQ: Cook the beef and pork patties 5 minutes per side, or until fully cooked*.
*Ensure the patties are cooked to a minimal internal temperature of 160F.
Prepare the toppings & warm up the buns: Slice the tomato. Separate the cilantro leaves.
Cut the ciabatta buns in 2 and place them on a baking sheet, cut side down. Heat the ciabatta buns in the oven for about 1-2 minutes.
BBQ: Heat the ciabatta buns on the BBQ about 1 minute or until toasted.
Assemble & serve: Place a patty on each ciabatta bun. Garnish with guacamole crema, tomato slices, cilantro, onions and fried jalapeno. Top each burger with the top bun. Serve with a side of baked fries.
What's in my kit
Note: Full list of ingredients at the bottom of the page.
Recommended Wine Pairing
BURIED HOPE CABERNET SAUVIGNON
Deep garnet colour; intense aromas and flavours of cassis, blackberry fruit, oak, chocolate and vanilla; ripe, soft and juicy on the palate.
Price (SLGA): $15.47
PETER LEHMANN LAYERS WHITE
Semillon, Muscat, Gewürztraminer and Pinot Gris, each add character to the final blend. An attractive pale yellow with green tints, it has aromas of citrus, hints of peach and aromatic lifted spiciness.
Region: South Australia
Price (SLGA): $17.75
Dr. Herrington's Health Fact
One half of an avocado contains nearly 500mg of potassium. More than a medium size banana!
Cooking with Kids
Cooking for kids?
Go easy on the cilantro and fried jalapenos for kids as they may not like their flavour.
Making this recipe with kids?
Ask the child to help by completing step 3 & 6:
- Make the patties
- Assemble & Serve
- beef & pork patties: Prairie meats old fashioned patties
- ciabatta bun (Water, Brown Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Whole Grain Sorghum Flour, Tapioca Syrup, Xanthan Gum, Millet Seeds, Contains 2% or Less of Each of the Following: Dried Whole Eggs, Millet Flour, Amaranth Seeds, Teff Seeds, Red Quinoa Seeds, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Molasses, Salt, Vinegar, Yeast, Enzymes)
- guacamole crema: guacamole (hass avocados, tomatoes, red onions, onions, cilantro, lime juice, jalapenos, sea salt, garlic), sour cream, greek yogurt
- fried jalapeno: jalapeno peppers, enriched wheat flour, sunflower and/or safflower and/or canola oil, sea salt.
Gluten friendly adaptation
- crunchy peas to replace the fried jalapeno: organic green peas, mango habanero seasoning (orgnaic cane sugar, sea salt, organic mango powder, organic habanero, natural mango flavour, orgnic cayenne pepper, citric acid), organic topioca starch, organic pea starrch, water, organic cane sugar, organic sunflower oil
- ciabatta bun: Water, corn starch, liquid egg-white, tapioca starch, brownrice flour, soybean and/or canola oil, sugar, yeast, chicory rootinulin, psyllium husk, xanthangum, modified cellulose, cultured corn syrup solids, powdered cellulose,salt, citric acid, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folate, amylase.may contain other soy.
Note: We cannot guarantee any dish is allergen free.