Feeling like Thai today? Forget the take-out and try this delicious Pad see ew! Pad see ew is a popular thai street food thats is similar to pad thai but is made with a slightly different sauce and extra thick noodles. This dish is filled with bold savoury and fresh flavours. This dish is super quick and easy to make. Forget take-out today and make this at home for the whole family to enjoy.
Featured Saskatchewan producers
You will need
Setup & cook the chicken: Bring water to a boil for the noodles.
Thinly slice the chicken. In an oiled pan on medium heat, cook the chicken breast for 5 minutes. Add 1/3 pad see ew sauce to the chicken and cook 1 minute. Set aside.
Note: Ensure the chicken is cooked to a minimal internal temperature of 165F.
Prepare the vegetables:
Wash and clean all produce.
Thinly slice the onion, mushroom and thr daredevil pepper. Cut the chinese broccoli in 2 inch pieces.
Cook the vegetables: In an oiled pan on medium heat, add the onion and mushroom. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the chinese broccoli and cook an additional 3 minutes. Add the rest of the pad see ew sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
Cook the noodles & assemble:
When the water is boiling, add the thick rice noodles. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Once cooked, drain.
Add the chicken and the thick rice noodles to the vegetable. Combine.
Prepare the garnish: Cut the lime in 6 wedges, roughly chop the cilantro and peanuts.
Garnish & Serve:
Serve in individual bowls. Garnish with daredevil pepper, peanut, lime wedges and cilantro.
What's in my kit
Note: For the list of ingredients, scoll to the bottom of the page.
Dr. Craig Herrington, Naturopath
Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, contain sulforaphane and indole-3-carbinol that have been shown to reduce the incidence of premenopausal breast cancer.
Cooking with Kids
Lacey Engel, Registered Dietician
Beyond Baby Nutrition
Cooking for kids?
It can take up to 20 different exposures of the same food before some kids may even try it. So keep calm, and offer the same food in different ways.
Go easy on the pad see sauce if the kids are sensitive to the taste of soy sauce. Go easy on or avoid the cilantro as it has a strong flavour. You may want to avoid the daredevil pepper for the children.
Making this recipe with kids?
Ask the child to help with the following steps:
- 3: Add the rest of the pad see ew sauce and combine.
- 5. Separate the cilantro leaves.
- 6. Serve and garnish their plate.
Recommended Wine Pairing
Black cellar Malbec merlot
Aromas of plum, cherry, and licorice. Flavours of sweet raspberry and plums.
Region: Canada, Niagara Peninsula
Price (SLGA): $12.20
Caliterra reserve sauvignon blanc
The nose is highly aromatic, highlighting its great freshness and aromas of tropical fruits like mango and passion fruit.
Price (SLGA): $12.88
Note: We cannot guarantee any dish is allergen free.
Plan: Carnivore, Clean food
- chicken breast
- thick rice noodle (rice, water)
- chineese broccoli
- pad see ew sauce (dark soy sauce (soybeans, wheat, salt, water), hoisin sauce (Sugar, water, soybeans, salt, sweet potato, modified corn starch, sesame seeds, garlic, wheat flour, chili peppers, spices, caramel color, acetic acid, FD&C Red color no. 40, potassium sorbate added as a preservative), brown sugar, miso, cornstarch, kombu (sea vegetable) vinegar, spices)
- thai chili pepper
Gluten friendly variation:
- pad see ew sauce (all purpose liquid soy seasoning (vegetable protein from soybeans, water), hoisin sauce (water, molasses, all purpose liquid soy seasoning (vegetable protein from soybeans, water), brown sugar, miso, cornstarch, kombu (sea vegetable) vinegar, spices)